KUALA LUMPUR: “Good night Malaysian three seven zero” That was the last conversation in the transcript between the air traffic controller (ATC) and the cockpit at 1.19am (Malaysian Time) as confirmed by the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA). The Transport Ministry in a statement late Monday said the authorities are still doing forensic investigation to determine whether those last words from the cockpit were by the pilot or the co-pilot.

Acting Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said, he has instructed the investigating team to release the full transcript which will be made available during the briefing to the next-of-kin. Responding to a question during a press conference on Monday, Hishammuddin said the conversation transcript between the missing MH370 pilot and the ATC will only be revealed if the experts give their consent. He also said he was not sure if two different versions of transcripts revealed to the public previously was issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

“I am not quite sure about that but I can confirm my own personal involvement with the investigation which relate to the FBI from day one. “Transcript is part of the investigation. If it’s important to you, let me talk with the experts and ask them whether or not it can be revealed. “If it can be revealed, we will reveal it,” he said during the routine press conference on the update of the search and rescue (SAR) operation at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) here. “So we are not hiding anything. We are just following the procedure that has been set,” Hishammuddin stressed. Asked about the investigation information that relates to the interview transcript of the pilot’s wife, which was alleged to be revealed by the police to the United Kingdom based Daily Mail, he said it was not revealed by the police.

“And how did Daily Mail get the transcript, you have to ask the Daily Mail,” he said. Earlier reports stated that the last radio message from the plane – an informal “All right, goodnight” – was spoken before the tracking system, known as ACARS, was shut down. “Initial investigations indicate it was the co-pilot who basically spoke the last time it was recorded on tape,” MAS CEO Ahmad Jauhari said during a press conference on March 17. “We don’t know when the ACARS was switched off after that. It was supposed to transmit 30 minutes from there, but that transmission did not come through,” he added.

Nation News

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.