PERTH, April 15 – Last week has been the hardest week in her life since her husband, Paul Weeks who was onboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was originally supposed to get back from his working trip. Not only that but last week also marked her birthday and their son, Jack’s first birthday that Paul unfortunately was unable to attend. “Best friends of my husband and I came over…we had big plans of things we are going to do, it was the hardest week…but I got through that,” she said. She was met by the Malaysian media at her house, here Tuesday.

Paul Weeks, 39, a New Zealander who resides in Perth was a mechanical engineer. He was on his trip to Mongolia when the flight he boarded on had mysteriously vanished, 39 days ago. Danica noted that her son, Lincoln, had every night wished goodnight to the stars and prayed that his father would be back for breakfast every morning. “I told him that his father has been away forever…he might not get the concept of forever, he is only three and half years old. But I know he knows. He is an intelligent boy, he knows something is going on. “One day, he did not want to go to the Day Care, because he thought that I might go to work forever like his dad, but I reassure him that I will come back, he is just a young boy, it is just unprecedented that it happened while he has little knowledge,” she said.

She said Lincoln was like any other boys, who wanted their father home. Despite the challenges, Danica stressed that her life needed to go on as it exhausted her just to wait for a concrete answer that long and she still had two sons to raise on her own. She said that besides working at the equestrian centre nearby, she was also currently working on a book to keep her mind away from the problem. “Lets hope that we get some answer and find the truth, otherwise it would take my entire life finding the truth because right now its like my whole world has gone, he was my world,” she said. Meanwhile, Danica’s mother, Kay Thompson, hoped the oil slick which was detected two days ago, among others, would finally proved that the Indian Ocean was the final resting place for his son and the flight.

Kay said that the last 39 days had been really stressful for the whole family. “If you noticed this house stands right under the path of aircraft, which passed here a few times a day and it has been really stressful whenever we hear the sound. “It might take a while for us, the family to fly back with an aircraft,” she said while she visibly kept trying not to burst into tears. Kay also hinted that Paul would receive a medal of honour from the New Zealand army in which he served from aged 16 to 21 during his memorial service, which would be organised in New Zealand. It is unsure when the memorial service will take place, which is to commemorate his memory of being long gone missing. Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, left the KL International Airport at 12.41am and disappeared from radar screens about an hour later while over the South China Sea. It was to have arrived in Beijing at 6.30am on the same day.

A multinational search was mounted for the aircraft, first in the South China Sea and then, after it was learned that the plane had veered off course, along two corridors – the northern corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand and the southern corridor, from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean. Following an unprecedented type of analysis of satellite data, United Kingdom satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat and the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) concluded that Flight MH370 flew along the southern corridor and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth. Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak then announced on March 24, seventeen days after the disappearance of the aircraft, that Flight MH370 “ended” in the southern Indian Ocean.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.