SHAH ALAM, April 18 – More than 10 reporters who covered the Selangor state assembly sitting here Thursday suffered diarrhoea believed to be from food poisoning. Speaker Hannah Yeoh said the state assembly received complaints from several reporters on the matter Friday morning. “I received complaints on this from several journalists this morning and I suspect there was contamination of the food served by the caterer yesterday. “We had to call in a doctor and several government health officers and conduct checks on the journalists,” she told reporters at the assembly lobby. Yeoh said that besides the journalists, several staff of the Speaker’s Office and of the Selangor state assembly also had the same experience. “Other than the media, I, the deputy speaker, three staff of the state assembly and staff of the Speaker’s Office also suffered from food poisoning. “Following this, we have taken action to stop the services of the caterer immediately although the contract is for the whole year,” she said, apologising to the journalists over the incident.
— Photo By: AP