KUALA LUMPUR, June 4 – Malaysia will send a delegation to Canberra, Australia shortly to discuss the latest information on the search operation including the cost for the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 at the new location. Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said the delegation would be headed by Deputy Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Jailani Johari which will also include three other deputy ministers who headed their respective ministry’s committee pertaining to the search operations for the aircraft.
“It will also be participated by the Director-General of the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, and Deputy Chief of the Royal Malaysian Navy Vice-Admiral Datuk Seri Panglima Ahmad Kamarulzaman Ahmad Badaruddin,” he said. Hishammuddin, who is also the Defence Minister, disclosed this to reporters after having a meeting on the search for the MH370, here, Wednesday. Previously, it was reported that three committees had been set up involving kins of the affected passengers headed by Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Hamzah Zainuddin aimed at monitoring all aspects related to family members of the passengers.
The committee pertaining to technical, formation and appointment of the investigating team was headed by Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi while the committee on the despatching of assets for the search operation was headed by Deputy Defence Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri. Hishammuddin said the delegation would also go to Beijing, China to further strengthen the tripartite agreement between the three countries (Malaysia, China and Australia).
The MH370 flight, with 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappeared on March 8 about one hour after departing from the KL International Airport at 12.41 am. The aircraft should have landed in Beijing at 6.30 am on the same day. On March 24, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced that MH370 “ended its flight in the Indian Ocean”.