BINTULU, Oct 2 – The remains of Meling Mula, one of the victims of the MH17 tragedy, which will arrive here tomorrow, will be buried on Saturday at the Batu 2 cemetery in Jalan Bintulu-Miri. Meling’s wife, Simbut Kedit, said the remains would be taken to their home at the Sungai Plan Flats, Tanjung Kidurong and subsequently to the Sungai Plan Hall for the wake.
“I have not been told of the actual time my husband’s remains will arrive at Bintulu Airport but after waiting for so long, I am thankful at last his remains can be brought back to Bintulu,” she told Bernama today. Simbut urged the media to respect her family’s privacy when the remains are brought to the family’s home by not making any coverage there.
“I seek the cooperation of the media to respect my family’s privacy but they can cover the wake at the Sungai Plan Hall,” she said. Simbut said to date, she had not decided whether to return to her hometown or to find a job. “My focus now is on my children’s schooling,” she said, adding that she had yet to receive any aid from the government after her husband was confirmed to have died in the plane crash.
The late Meling was an offshore worker for a Kuala Lumpur-based company, and had been working for two years and six months abroad. He was from Betong while his wife is from Sungai Arip, Balingian. They have three children, Maryline Sindun, 18, Benedict Bana, 15, and Gabriel, eight. Yesterday, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai, in a statement, said the remains of Meling and four other victims of the MH17 crash on July 17 would arrive at the Bunga Raya Complex, KL International Airport at 8.30am tomorrow.