GEORGE TOWN, Nov 5 – The DAP-led Penang state government should clarify the reason for the delay in completing upgrading works on the fifth floor of Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak (Komtar) which was supposed to have been completed by May 22. MCA Youth Liaison Bureau Deputy head Lim Swee Bok said the bureau had received more than 10 complaints from traders who claimed that the upgrading works involving the pedestrian walkway and construction of a banquet hall were stopped several months ago.
“We do not see any progress on the project since it was started in September last year. If there is a problem, the state government should not keep quiet for too long,” he told reporters here today. Lim, who is also Tanjong MCA Youth Head said the closure of the main entrance to the Komtar Walk to allow for the project had also affected the income of about 20 traders in the area.