Mud Floods: Two More Bodies Recovered, Death Toll Rises To Five
CAMERON HIGHLANDS, Nov 7 – The search and rescue operation today unearthed two more victims who were reported missing after a mud flood hit Bertam Valley on Wednesday, raising the number of fatalities to five. The bodies of the two Indonesian nationals, 40-year-old Yunita and 41-year-old Suwanis, were recovered at 11.05am Friday.
Yunita’s body was found three feet from where her home had been buried under the debris while her husband Suwanis, was found five minutes later. Cameron Highlands district police chief, ACP Wan Junaidi said, the operation for the Indonesian, which began at 8.30am Friday was stopped at 12 noon. He added, Yunita and Suwanis was believed to be sleeping when the incident occurred.
“The search operation consists of 254 personnel involving the police, the Fire and Rescue Department, army personnel, the Civil Defence Department (JPAM) and several other agencies,” he said. Although the search and rescue operation have been stopped, the operations room is still open in case of any eventuality.
You may be interested
Penang BN Admitted The Anti-Guan Eng Posters Was Indeed TheirsRachel Yeap - March 20, 2018
GEORGE TOWN, Mar 20 - Penang Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman Teng Chang Yeow today publicly admitted that some of 500 to…
Mah: Gerakan Finalising Seat Swap With MCAPocket News - March 20, 2018
PUTRAJAYA, Mar 20 - Gerakan is finalising the negotiation to swap five parliamentary and state seats with component party MCA, ahead…