Azmin Denies Donation Rejected By Perak Government

128

Categories:

SHAH ALAM, Jan 2 – Selangor Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali has refuted Selangor Kini’s claims that flood donations made by the state were rejected by the Perak government. Mohamed Azmin said, on the contrary, he had received a note from the Perak Menteri Besar’s office, confirming that the donation of RM100,000 had been received.

“I did not make any comment regarding the report as I didn’t have the information stating that the cheque was rejected. “The fact is that the cheque has been handed over to the Menteri Besar’s office with a stamp of acceptance. “I believe this assistance will help the state’s flood victims,” he said, when met at the State Secretariat Building here, where he was presenting donations on behalf of the state government to flood victims today.

Yesterday, the state’s official medium Selangor Kini, quoted Selangor state exco member Dr Daroyah Alwi as saying that the money was rejected by the Perak government, and as a result, it couldn’t be used to help the flood victims. She confirmed the matter when contacted by The Rakyat Post yesterday.

However, when met today, she refused to elaborate further on the matter. “Since that was what the Menteri Besar said, I don’t want to comment. You can refer to the Selangor Menteri Besar’s office, perhaps there has been a new development,” Daroyah said.

Leave Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  • SEPANG, 13 June 2020 – AirAsia is extending the sale of its Unlimited Pass Cuti-Cuti Malaysia for an additional two… https://t.co/RwRyNNTyiV Jun 13, 2020
  • AIR ITAM – Air Itam State Assemblyman YB Joseph Ng Soon Siang hopes the installation of decorative lamps at the Air… https://t.co/0jMgaQ2MAd May 24, 2020
  • Having Problem With Storage? Check Out This Article To Help You Resolve Your Problem! https://t.co/9u7NUSlXK7… https://t.co/8Wf2zkcgFC Apr 23, 2020