ALOR GAJAH, Jan 11 – Conspiracy theories, swirling like the treacherous waters of the southern Indian Ocean, have emerged from various platforms such as social media over the reasons for the vanishing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. Nevertheless, such unfounded theories will not undermine the efforts of Malaysia and other countries to search for the Boeing 777 aircraft, says Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
He said Malaysia would never give up in the search for the aircraft which disappeared from the radar on March 8 last year. “In fact, the search has been intensified with more assets, including search vessels deployed by Malaysia and Australia in the Indian Ocean.
“We’re taking the depth to6,000 metresin one of the most complex oceans in the world. “It is not an easy task in view of the tremendous depth, and it will take time…but Malaysia will not give up hope despite these swirling conspiracy theories. “Those who are hungry for MH370 information should get it from a reliable source and from authenticated social media posting,” he told reporters after launching the Selangor Wanita MCA cadre training session, Saturday.
Flight MH370 disappeared from the radar on March 8, last year as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 227 passengers and 12 crew on board. The aircraft has yet to be found, even after an exhaustive search in the southern Indian Ocean where it is believed to have gone down after veering off course.