150 New Houses For Flood Victims In Pahang

163

Categories:

KUANTAN, Jan 17 – Some 150 new permanent houses will be built for Pahang flood victims whose homes had been completey destroyed in the recent floods. Pahang Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Adnan Yaakob said the Pahang government was making a feasibility study on the method of residential construction which could be completed in a short time.

“We have to find an innovative way of doing this. Felda settlers those days were able to build three houses in one day and we need to evaluate if this is feasible nowadays. “If we follow the Felda style home, we must make sure there are enough rooms for a family, consider whether the house is to be built entirely of wood or semi-concrete with a budget of RM25,000 to RM30,000,” he told reporters after handing out schooling aid at SMK Tanah Putih here, Saturday.

He said the houses were for victims living in the districts of Lipis, Bera, Temerloh, Maran, Jerantut, Pekan and Rompin. Adnan said the state government was in the process of identifying appropriate and safe locations for the construction of these permanent houses.

“While on an aerial survey during the recent floods, I observed the alternative areas for this placement programme such as Temerloh, Maran, Chenor and Pekan were also flooded,” he said. He said, Lipis and Jerantut were locations with potential for new settlements or villages as they were not flood-prone areas. He said the residential construction would be expedited once matters were discussed and decided in the executive council meeting next week.

Leave Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.