GEORGE TOWN, Jan 27 – Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng today expressed his concern over the drop in tourist arrivals to Penang last month compared to the corresponding period in 2013. He said even though there was an increase in tourist arrivals throughout the year, there appeared to be a cooling off period in December last year.

“Every month there is a growth in tourist numbers but last month was bad and that was brought over to this month, which is worse than the same period last year. “This overall drop in tourist arrivals is very worrying and we need to work hard to increase the tourist arrivals,” he told reporters at a press conference at his office here today during the launch of Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta. The fiesta will be held on Feb 21 and 22 at Padang Polo here.

Nation News

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.