GEORGETOWN, Jul 3 – Signing ceremony between PDC and Syarikat Tanjung Villa Development Sdn Bhd for the development of 4.23 acres of land at Sandiland Foreshore, Jalan C.Y Choy, Georgetown here yesterday at Komtar. The Signing ceremony was attended by CM Lim Guan Eng, YB Chow Kon Yeow, YB Abdul Malik Abul Kassim, YB Datuk Mohd Rashid Hasnon, YB Ng Wei Aik and YB Wong Hon Wai.
The signing purpose is to provide an affordable housing for the people as well as to alleviate the problem of 54 squatter house at the site. In the same time, the State Government also approved the award of RFP to Syarikat Tanjung Villa Development Sdn Bhd for a tender amount of RM36 million on 14th January 2015 and the total GDV of the project is RM245,675,000.00.
Sandiland project will comprise 482 units of Medium Cost Apartment (MC) and 321 units Low Medium Cost (LMC) and also related commercial facilities, thus enhancing the provision of affordable housing in Penang. The breakdown of the components are:
Medium Cost Apartment (MC)
- 241 units = 1000 sq.ft. (RM400,000)
- 161 units = 900 sq.ft. (RM300,000)
- 80 units = 800 sq.ft. (RM200,000)
Low Medium Cost (LMC)
- 321 units = 700 sq.ft. (RM72,500)
The maximum total built up for the commercial content will not exceed 90,014 sq.ft. For the affordable units and LMCs will be provided with a specific criteria and guidelines such as furnishings, amenities and services. Syarikat Tanjung Villa was be required to provide at least one complimentary car park for each unit of the MC with an additional 10% allocation for visitors car parks. Meanwhile, Syarikat Tanjung Villa at its own cost and expenses will undertake to resolve the following matters such as:
- Compensation to the residents, squatters, temples, shrines, offices, warehouses, buildings and other structures in the site
- Complete the proposed development/access route as stipulated by Council
- Hand over 150 units LMC and car parks (1:1 + 10%) free to the State Government
- Pay minimum RM700 rental to tenants until the completion of LMC
- Pay one-time minimum RM1,500 relocation cost to house owners
- Families, tenants, owners of warehouses/workshops and other family members are given the priority to buy units at no discounted price, and subject to the Jabatan Perumahan Negeri’s approval
- Responsible for repair and construction of temples and shrines at their own cost
- Pay compensation to the owners of warehouses and workshops based on the agreed amount
Lastly, Syarikat Tanjung Villa will undertake to build, construct and complete the development within 5 years (60 months) from the date of this Joint Development Agreement.