GEORGE TOWN, Aug 7 – The Penang Island City Council (MBPP) will be changes the flow of two-way traffic to one way in Jalan Kampung Bukit, a part Jalan Dato Hashim Ismail and a part Jalan Bayan Lepas which will starting from this coming Sunday on August 9, 2015 at 12:01 am.
The proposed direction of traffic flow of in Jalan Kampung Bukit, a part Jalan Dato Hashim Ismail and a part Jalan Bayan Lepas is as follows:
- Jalan Kampung Bukit will be change to one way from Jalan Bayan Lepas to Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim.
- A part of Jalan Dato Hashim Ismail between Jalan Kampung Bukit and a part Jalan Bayan Lepas will be change to one way from Jalan Kampung Bukit to Jalan Bayan Lepas.
- Jalan Bayan Lepas between Jalan Kampung Bukit and Jalan Dato Hashim Ismail will be change to one way from Jalan Dato Hashim Ismail to Jalan Kampung Bukit.
The purpose of this one-way street system is to reduce the congestion with smoothing the traffic flow and reduce the traffic conflicts and disorder in the area. This one-way system will be implemented on a trial basis for the first three months. For more information or any questions please contact the Penang Island City Council at:
- 04-2592202 (Puan Noor Rafidah bt Ahmed)
- 04-2592015 (Encik Zainuddin bin Mohamad Shariff)