KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 4 – Pakatan Harapan will announce a new candidate to replace DAP’s Tony Pua for the debate with 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) president Arul Kanda Kandasamy at 11.30am tomorrow. The pact’s chief secretary Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah also said on today that the party had already identifieda suitable candidate to replace Tony Pua after Dewan Rakyat Speaker Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia refused to allow the Petaling Jaya Utara MP to participate.
“The name will be referred to the Presidential Council tonight, and announced tomorrow morning. Pakatan Harapan still believes the debate must go on despite Pandikar’s ruling, saying it is in the interest of the public. Party respected Dewan Negara speaker Tan Sri Pandikar Amin’s decision,” he said during a press conference at Parliament today.
“We think the debate is good for the rakyat. So we are proposing a replacement for the debate. The Opposition would negotiate on the format and other matters related to the debate.It’s okay if RTM is not hosting it. We can pursue it with other platforms. It doesn’t have to be only RTM, there are so many other televisions,” he added.