KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 31 – Police have opened two investigation papers in connection with the fraudulent sale of handphones at the Kota Raya shopping complex after a report was filed by the victim concerned. Kuala Lumpur Police Chief Datuk Tajudin Md Isa said a handphone seller had also been detained and remanded until Wednesday to help in the investigations, while another is still being traced.
Commenting on a statement by the Malaysian Muslim Consumers’ Association (PPIM) on a news portal which questioned why the cheating traders were not arrested as if there was a conspiracy, he said police would continue to investigate the matter and prepare the investigation papers which had been referred to the police. He said a raid was conducted at the complex on March 27 and 500 handphones suspected to be false were confiscated.
He added that he want to stress and advise the public not to make any speculation which could disturb and jeopardise the investigations. He said this in his statement here on Tuesday. On Dec 20, a group of individuals believed to be customers and handphone salesmen fought on the ground floor of the complex and the two minutes and 30 seconds video clip on it was uploaded into YouTube.