HULU TERENGGANU, March 26 – A special tripartite meeting between Malaysian, Australian and Chinese officials will be held in the near future to discuss the latest developments on the discovery of two pieces of debris, which allegedly belong to the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in Mozambique.
Deputy Communications and Multimedia Minister, who is also chairman of the Communications and Media Relations Committee on the MH370 tragedy, Datuk Jailani Johari said the debris had been sent to Australia for inspection by aviation experts of the three countries.
“The cooperation between the three countries is still ongoing and we have always been informed about the discovery of any debris, the fragments need to be analysed to see if they belong to MH370,” he told reporters after launching the ‘Hala Tuju Destini Anak Bangsa’ symposium here Saturday.
On March 8, 2014, the Boeing 777-200ER jetliner carrying a total of 239 passengers and crew, vanished from radar screens while enroute to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur. The search for the missing plane is being conducted in the southern Indian Ocean. The first piece of debris was recovered from Mozambique while the second piece, also from that country, had been brought to South Africa by the family who had discovered it.
Meanwhile, commenting on the dissemination of false news that a Malaysia Airlines flight MH020 had crashed in Paris, France, Jailani said spreading false information would continue to occur, as long as there was a handful of irresponsible people.
He said he believe that the authorities have taken action on the matter and the Department of Civil Aviation has also denied it. Meanwhile, he also added that he advised the people not to easily believe and always refer to the relevant authorities to verify any news received.