EXCO: Penang State Govt 80:20 Maintenance Fund Has Expended And Rebranded

246

Categories:

GEORGE TOWN, Jun 16 – Penang state government yesterday at the State Executive Council (Exco) meeting had approved a proposal to expand the scope of use the funds of Penang State Government 80:20 maintenance fund to housing estates exceeding RM72,500 a unit price in the state.

Penang State Executive Councillor (EXCO) for Housing and Town & Country Planning, Jagdeep Singh Deo said when announcing the matter, in accordance with the request of the Assemblyman for the fund of 80:20 enlarged the scope of its application, the State Government has decided it extended to housing priced between RM100,000 to RM150,000.

“In addition to the existing categories, namely Rumah Mampu Milik (RMM) ‘A’, which is low-cost does not exceed RM42,000 and RMM ‘B’ (low-medium cost not exceeding RM72,500), now housing below RM150,000 are eligible to submit an application,” said Jagdeep, who is also Datuk Keramat Assemblyman, before reviewing the maintenance work of two elevator at Jalan Kedah Flat here today.

“For the category of units costing RM100,000 and below, the ratio of the distribution of funds will be channeled through this Penang State Government 80:20 maintenance fund. Meanwhile, the housing unit at between RM100,000 and RM150,000, allocation of funds is at 60:40,” he said.

Also present were Penang State Executive Councillor (EXCO) for Local Government, Traffic Management & Flood Mitigation, Chow Kon Yeow. In additional, Jagdeep also added that the expanded of the scope of maintenance work are also involving painting works, road paving, repair and conversion lights corridor and staircase railing. 

“However, the work of painting and paving the way, the fund distribution ratio is 20:80 for both categories of housing are eligible to receive from the fund. In this regard, the State Government also rebrand the Penang State Government 80:20 maintenance fund to Penang Maximum 80% Maintenance Fund, also known as TPM80PP,” he said.

The Maintenance Fund of 80:20 was introduced by the Penang State Governments in 2013 which cost 80 per cent funded by the State Government and the remaining 20 percent was funded by the residents. A total of RM11.5 million has been allocated by the State Government for the purpose of maintenance of critical work such as repair and upgrade elevators, water tanks, piping systems and roofing.

Since its inception, a total of RM7.1 million was spent on 53 projects in maintenance work which involved RMM ‘A’ and RMM ‘B’. Meanwhile, Chow also said that the state government had allocated a total of RM64,140.86 (80 percent) of the fund of 80:20 for maintenance work for two elevators in Jalan Kedah Flat, here. He said, however, the balance RM16,035.21 (20 percent) incurred by the residents.

  • SEPANG, 13 June 2020 – AirAsia is extending the sale of its Unlimited Pass Cuti-Cuti Malaysia for an additional two… https://t.co/RwRyNNTyiV Jun 13, 2020
  • AIR ITAM – Air Itam State Assemblyman YB Joseph Ng Soon Siang hopes the installation of decorative lamps at the Air… https://t.co/0jMgaQ2MAd May 24, 2020
  • Having Problem With Storage? Check Out This Article To Help You Resolve Your Problem! https://t.co/9u7NUSlXK7… https://t.co/8Wf2zkcgFC Apr 23, 2020