PETALING JAYA, Jun 16 – Police in the Malaysian capital and security forces in Sabah are verifying a Philippines media report of the possible of four Malaysian nationals were abducted off the coast of Sabah and allegedly brought to Sulu waters on Thursday morning.
Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar said on Twitter that police have not received any report of such an incident. He said they are still waiting for the confirmation from the Philippine authorities. Earlier, the Philippine media (ABS-CBN) had reported that the Philippine authorities are verifying reports that four Malaysian nationals were abducted off the coast of Sabah and allegedly brought to Sulu Thursday morning.
Quoting Tawi-Tawi police director S/Supt. Joselito Salido, as saying a group of unidentified suspects allegedly brought the captives to the shores of Sitankai, Tawi-Tawi before transferring them to Sulu. The radio station also stated that the Army’s Western Mindanao Command is verifying the information. Last April, the Abu Sayyaf abducted four Sarawakians from a ship off the east coast of Sabah. The four who were held by the Abu Sayyaf in Jolo were freed last week.