MALACCA, Jun 24 – A hotel buffet and a restaurant offering Ramadan breaking-of-fast fare have been ordered to close for a fortnight due to poor hygiene at the premises. The hotel buffet was ordered to close on June 8 and the restaurant, on June 14, under the ‘Ops Ramadan’ operation, said Malacca Health, Sports Development and Anti-Drug Committee chairman Datuk Ab Rahaman Ab Karim.
These premises would be monitored for the 14 days, he added. Ab Rahaman said 23 restaurants and hotels offering breaking-of-fast buffer were inspected, along with 15 premises of food suppliers and four ice-making factories. He said the cleanliness of 1,224 premises was found to be at 75% and 18 premises at between 50% and 75%. Meanwhile, he also said that so far there were no cases of food poisoning were reported. He told this to reporters after checking on cleanliness of eateries at the Pantai Kundor Ramadan Bazaar here. — Bernama