PM: Respect United Kingdom’s choice to leave European Union

141

Categories:

KUALA LUMPUR, Jun 24 – Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak today said the United Kingdom’s (UK) choice to leave the European Union (EU) must be respected by all. He in his latest status update in his Facebook following the result of the referendum in the UK today said the UK voters have spoken.

He said, as democrats, we must respect the result. We wish our British friends well in the new future they have chosen. In the historic referendum on Thursday, 51.9% or 17,410,742 voters voted in favour of leaving while another 48.1% or 16,141,241 voters voted to remain in the EU. The United Kingdom becomes the first member of 28 member states to leave the EU in its 60 years history. — Bernama

Leave Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.