- Please be advised that in accordance with paragraph (b) Clause (2) of Article 43 of the Federal Constitution regarding the appointment of the Federal Minister and Clause (1) Article 43A of the appointment of the Deputy Federal Minister, Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong had consented to the appointment as following:
(i) YB Tan Sri Noh bin Omar
(ii) YB Datuk Johari bin Abdul Ghani
Deputy Federal Minister:
(i) YB Dato’ Othman bin Aziz
(ii) YB Datuk Datu Nasrun bin Datu Mansur
(iii) YB Dato’ Henry Sum Agong
(iv) YB Senator Dato’ Sri Devamany a/l S. Krishnasamy
- Cabinet reshuffle this time is to fill up the vacancy of the Federal Minister and the Deputy Minister of the Federation.
- This is due to the resignation of the Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Datuk Seri Douglas Uggah who has competed in 11th Sarawak state elections and was later appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Sarawak.
- Tan Sri Wahid Omar has also decided to discontinue his service as a Senator who completed on this month and next as Minister in Prime Minister’s Department.
- In addition, there is also a vacancy in the office of the Deputy Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities Tan Sri Noriah after the departure of Kasnon in an air crash last month.
- I also received the results of the Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah had stated his wish to end his tenure for personal reasons. I express my sincere appreciation and gratitude for the dedication put in by him for this.
- I take this opportunity also to make some portfolio restructuring Cabinet Ministers, the reappointment of a former minister and several deputy minister to strengthen existing administrative.
- This will further strengthen the existing administration to ensure the development agenda of the government for the people – economic development, welfare and safety – continue running as well as it has promised.
- I would also like to inform that there will be restructuring tasks Ministers under the Prime Minister’s Department. This will be announced in the near future.
- With this I would like to inform, announced a reorganization of the post of Minister and Deputy Minister in the cabinet are as follows; Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities Datuk Seri Mah Siew Keong. Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department who was given the task of regulating the Economic Planning Unit, YB Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan. Minister of Urban Well-Being, Housing and Local Government, YB Tan Sri Noh Bin Omar, Finance Minister II, YB Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani.
- The posts of Deputy Minister is as follows; Deputy Finance Ministers, YB Datuk Othman Aziz, Deputy Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities, Datuk Datu Nasrun Datu Mansor, Deputy Minister of Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism, YB Dato’ Henry Sum Agong, Deputy minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, YB Senator Dato ‘Sri Devamany a / l S. Krishnasamy, Deputy Finance Ministers, YB Dato ‘Lee Chee Leong, Deputy Minister for International Trade and Industry, YB Dato’ Chua Tee Yong.