Driver Of Tour Bus Which Hit 10 Vehicles At PLUS Released On Police Bail

38

Categories:

IPOH, Jul 14 – The driver of the tour bus which rammed into 10 vehicles near Menora Tunnel on Sunday was released on police bail today after expiry of his four-day remand. District police chief ACP Sum Chang Keong said the driver aged 51 could not be charged yet as police had not received the relevant report from the Computerised Vehicle Inspection Centre (Puspakom).

He said they submitted the investigation paper to the deputy public prosecutor yesterday; when the Puspakom report is completed, they will refer the case to DPP again. He told this to reporters after a ‘High Profile Policing’ at Tesco Pengkalan here today.

Sum said police had also recorded statements from the other vehicle owners and passengers in the bus. Brake failure was believed to have caused the bus to ram into the 10 vehicles at Kilometre 265.8, North-South Expressway (PLUS) southward, around 2.45pm.

All 28 of the passengers in the bus and the driver, and occupants in the other vehicles escaped unhurt except for a 21-year-old woman who complained of pain on her abdomen. The bus was found to have 63 outstanding summonses for various offences while the driver has nine outstanding summonses for various offences including speeding, between 2011 and 2015. — Bernama

0
like
0
love
0
haha
0
wow
0
sad
0
angry
  • It's Happening! https://t.co/keRAzz18Nh Jan 21, 2019
  • Recovery Operation Had Been Stop https://t.co/fZ00r8exo8 Jan 21, 2019
  • It's Happening! https://t.co/SC6WptpfbK Jan 21, 2019

error: Content Is Protected !