IPOH, Jul 15 – The Perak state government is not satisfied with the progress of the construction of the new building of the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital, here said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abd Kadir. He said the construction, that was estimated to cost RM230 million was scheduled for completion in July next year but so far the progress had only reached 30%.
“Although there has been a significant delay, I hope the project can be continued. It is understood that the delay to the project is due to some technical problems,” he told reporters at an Aidilfitri open house organised by the Perak Public Works Department, here today.
According to Zambry, apart from the delay in constructing the new building of the hospital, the state government also took a serious look at the delays of several other development projects planned for the people. As such, he said the Perak state government had asked Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof to look into suitable methods to closely monitor all the development projects that had been delayed.
In another development, Zambry said he had instructed the Ipoh City Council (MBI) to improve the level of cleanliness around the city as a measure to restore the beauty to its surrounding area. He said MBI should enhance efforts to make Ipoh as a popular city in the world since they have got some recognition this year including as the best destination to visit in Asia.
Yesterday, the world’s leading travel media portal “Lonely Planet” had named Ipoh as the sixth best destination to visit in Asia this year after Hokkaido, Japan; Shanghai, China; Jeonju, South Korea; Con Dao Island, Vietnam and Hong Kong, China. — Bernama