Penang Gerakan Youth: Clarify Number Of Pre-War Houses In Heritage Zone

25

Categories:

GEORGE TOWN, Dec 14 – Penang Gerakan Youth today urged the DAP-led Penang state government to clarify on the number of pre-war houses that have been bought by foreigners in the heritage zone here. Its assistant secretary, Loh Kit Mun said Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and state Local Government, Traffic Management and Flood Mitigation Committee chairman Chow Kon Yeow had both given differing figures when replying on the matter.

“During the May 2016 state assembly sitting, Chow said that a total number of 18 houses in the heritage zone had been bought by foreigners. However, during the recent November state assembly sitting the chief minister said that the total units sold was 60 and this figure was recorded from 2008 to May 2014,” he said at a press conference, here today.

He said that Lim also mentioned that until now 60 units had been sold but the records that were provided were from 2008 till 2014. Loh questioned the state government’s competency, accountability and transparency as he claimed the information provided was misleading and the records given were also incomplete. — Bernama

0
like
0
love
0
haha
0
wow
0
sad
0
angry
  • https://t.co/zMCuV4n128 Oct 21, 2018
  • Seventh Victim Found! https://t.co/yZpdW7jzYW Oct 21, 2018
  • Rescue On-Going https://t.co/pBxe16Tpvo Oct 20, 2018

error: Content Is Protected !