It’s been one week since the last developer beta, and Apple has just released the sixth developer beta preview. iOS 11 brings new features like drag-and-drop and a redesigned multitasking interface for iPad, a new customizable Control Center, and much more. iOS 11 beta 6 is currently only available to registered developers for now.
Apple typically holds new public beta versions for a few days for major updates. Apple’s previous iOS 11 beta introduced refinements to Notification Center, changes to multitasking on iPad, new TV Provider placeholder listings, and other minor tweaks. As we approach the final release this fall, we expect more refinements ahead of the last few beta versions. We’ll update below with any changes discovered in the latest iOS 11 beta.
- New Maps (Apple Park), App Store, and fixed Reminders icons
- New splash page for Photos
- Six fish Live wallpapers removed
- Auto-Brightness moved from Display & Brightness to Display Accommodations in Accessibility
- Clock icon numbers slightly bolder
- New AirPods animation
- Now Playing AirPlay indicator now solid blue during use