PETALING JAYA, Aug 23 – Typhoon Hato has grounded 14 AirAsia flights to Hong Kong, Macau and China from Malaysia. The airline in a statement issued today said all affected guests for the flights today (Wednesday) have been notified by AirAsia.
It said they strongly encourage all guests to update their contact details at airasia.com to ensure that they are notified of any updates to their flights. Hong Kong raised its highest storm warning today as Severe Typhoon Hato brought the city to a standstill, shutting down the stock market and forcing the cancellation of hundreds of flights as heavy rain and winds pummelled the territory.
The weather observatory raised the storm warning to the city’s maximum Typhoon 10 signal – meaning hurricane force winds are expected – at 9.10am (0110 GMT). Malaysia Airlines said it would be releasing a statement on its affected flights from Malaysia soon. AirAsia flights affected by Tropical Storm Hato:
1. Flight No AK 1520: Kota Kinabalu – Shenzhen
2. Flight No AK 1521: Shenzhen – Kota Kinabalu
3. Flight No AK 237: Kota Kinabalu – Hong Kong
4. Flight No AK 236: Hong Kong – Kota Kinabalu
5. Flight No AK 134: Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong
6. Flight No AK 135: Hong Kong – Kuala Lumpur
7. Flight No. AK 138: Kuala Lumpur – Hong Kong
8. Flight No. AK 139: Hong Kong – Kuala Lumpur
9. Flight No. AK 126: Kuala Lumpur – ShenZhen
10. Flight No. AK127: Shenzhen – Kuala Lumpur
11. Flight No. AK112: Kuala Lumpur – Guangzhou
12. Flight No. AK113: Guangzhou – Kuala Lumpur
13. Flight No. AK 182: Kuala Lumpur – Macao
14. Flight No. AK183: Macao – Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia Airlines will issue a statement on its affected flights from Malaysia soon.