Gemalto Enables Oracle Cloud Customers To Boost Security Of Data In Motion And At Rest
AMSTERDAM, Oct 3 – Gemalto, a world leader in digital security and Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork, today announced that Oracle Cloud Infrastructure customers can enhance the security of their cloud workloads and reduce the complexity of managing multiple heterogeneous security solutions with an integrated SafeNet Encryption and Key Management offering.
As companies migrate to the cloud, protecting sensitive information efficiently is a priority, especially with regionalized legislation like the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Australia’s Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act and U.S. State Data Breach Notification Statutes.
Gemalto’s SafeNet Encryption and Key Management solutions help enterprises easily align data protection policies and business processes without compromising the integrity and security of their data through an easy-to-deploy, centrally managed solution. By extending the existing portfolio to Oracle Cloud, enterprise customers can also maintain full control of encryption and key lifecycle management in either on premise or multi-cloud environments, helping to improve:
– Security – Customers can store and manage keys in central, hardened appliances, and gain the visibility and control they need to consistently and effectively enforce security controls.
– Compliance auditing – The centralization of all key management operations lets Customers produce comprehensive logs that could be used to demonstrate compliance with stringent security policies and industry regulations
– Scalability – Customers can easily scale their key management and encryption to address the challenges of securing more data across numerous cloud environments
– Simplicity – Administrators have one comprehensive solution to enable a multi-cloud security strategy that is fast, easy and efficient
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure gives customers flexibility to choose their preferred cloud operating models and the horsepower they need to run all their workloads in the cloud. Using Gemalto’s customer controlled encryption operations with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can help keep an organization’s data safe from unauthorized access through the encryption of applications, databases, files, virtual machines, multi-cloud environments and physical servers. For more information, visit Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
“Companies moving to the cloud don’t want to have to rely solely on the cloud provider for security, instead many want to manage and maintain control over the security of their data. With Gemalto, Oracle customers have a ‘Bring-Your-Own-Security’ (BYOS) solution making it easier to enforce, monitor and track how, when and where data is being accessed,” said Todd Moore, senior vice president of Encryption Products at Gemalto.
“Working across multiple cloud services is becoming the norm. Using a single system helps companies have a holistic view into security operations instead of one with many silos and reduces the amount of configuration of the applications to meet existing and upcoming security models, compliance and regulations.”
“Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can provide a straightforward migration path for customers to easily adopt cloud computing functionality. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can support billions of transactions, so it is easy for developers to build and deploy high-performance cloud native applications,” said Sanjay Sinha, vice president, platform products, Oracle.
“Expanding our partnership with Gemalto allows customers that need to manage their own cloud security operations the flexibility to BYOS to the Oracle Cloud. For customers the integration between Gemalto and Oracle doesn’t require any retooling of applications reducing migration friction and the cost of implementation.”
Listed below are Gemalto’s SafeNet Encryption and Key Management products compatible with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure:
– SafeNet KeySecure – centralizes the management of encryption keys used for the protection of sensitive data in virtualized and cloud environments.
– SafeNet ProtectV – offers full disk encryption of virtual machines to establish security and control across virtualized and cloud environments, improving business agility and lowering your costs.
– SafeNet ProtectApp – provides application-level encryption for a broad range of Web application servers and enterprise applications hosted on virtual machines and in the cloud.
– SafeNet ProtectFile – provides file system-level encryption to secure structure and unstructured data, and control access to sensitive folders and files in physical and virtual environments.
– SafeNet ProtectDB – delivers column-level database encryption for sensitive corporate and customer information stored in cloud-based databases
– SafeNet Tokenization – protects sensitive information by replacing it with a surrogate value to help organizations comply with industry standards like PCI-DSS and HIPAA – available as a vaulted and vaultless solution.
You may be interested
1,200 Marketers Converge On Hong Kong’s Inaugural MarketingPulsePocket News - March 22, 2018
HONG KONG, Mar 22 - MarketingPulse, Asia's premier conference and rendez-vous for marketers and brands, launched with a debut edition…
Govt To Continue With GST Due To Its Proven EfficiencyPocket News - March 22, 2018
PUTRAJAYA, Mar 22 - The Barisan Nasional government will stick to the goods and services tax (GST) since the tax system…
OTT Summit – Day 1: Addressing The “Perfect Storm”Pocket News - March 22, 2018
SINGAPORE, Mar 22 - Asian video industry association, Casbaa, held its annual OTT Summit, Asia's OTT industry marquee event, on…