GEORGE TOWN, Oct 24 – The 16th Career and Education Expo 2017 (EKSPEN) 2017 to be held on Oct 28 – 30 from 9am – 5pm at Eureka Complex, University Sains Malaysia (USM). It will be organized in conjunction with the 55th USM Convocation Ceremony. EKSPEN 2017 is an annual activity designed to help students in exploring the various fields of work.
EKSPEN 2017 provides a lot of benefits to all university students, especially those who have recently graduated. This programme acts as an eye opener to educate the fresh graduates in discovering myriads of information to secure their future careers. The event has targeted about 10,000 people to be attend daily.
More than 30 companies will be joining this event in their searching for potential employees. Pinba, TexChem, Bank Rakyat, and also Dell Global Business Centre will be among of those 30.Through this programme, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) can foster better relationship between companies and public agencies in providing talents in order to push the development of the country.
Apart from that, the programme also encompasses activities such as education exhibition, career talks, career counselling clinic and open interview by companies. This would be a great platform to help and empower students to make appropriate career choices and interact with prospective employers so that they can meet the market’s demand. As an annual activity, we hope that EKSPEN 2017 will be a catalyst for the fresh graduates to discover the importance of exploring, planning and strategizing their future endeavour.
- As a platform to help students to choose and learn about the suitable career path for them.
- To foster a better relationship between companies and public agencies in providing talents in order to push the development of the country.
- To provide the students, especially those future graduates in the form of information sharing about their career.
- To provide exposure on graduation elements such as social ethics, interview ethics, communication skills, leadership and lifelong learning.
- To provide opportunities for students to have an in-depth view about the respective career fields that they are soon to face.
- To assist graduates in evaluating their ability to meet the market demands.
- Company exhibition is the core activity in this program where more than 30 companies will take part in displaying and providing materials for the future employee in planning their career. Through exhibition, all companies can present their information face to face to the students which can develop their market and also enhance students’ communication skills which can help them to thrive to be a better person in the future. We believe that company’s exhibition is the main platform where both parties can share the same benefits in a time.
This is an information session where students will be introduced with different prospects of career and employment information. Through this activity, students will learn from the respective companies about the nature, the work scope that they will do and the path that they took for their career. ‘Career Talk’ is also designed to connect students with 6 different companies for the purpose of career advise and mentorship. The companies involved and the topics for each talk are as below:
- EKG Network Sdn. Bhd
(Why Graduates do not get a job and ways to get better impact on future career)
- Ultimate Solution Consultancy
(Find Out Your Career DNA)
- Country Garden Pacificview Sdn Bhd
(2018 COUNTRY GARDEN CAMPUS RECRUITMEN IN USM Super Country Garden Future Force)
- PENANG INSTITUTE
(“Are There Think Tank Careers?”)
- ALUMNI USM
(How to Prepare a Professional Resume?)
- ACE (ACCELERATED CAREER EXCELLENCE)
1. Inside information on Career Exploration searching the best job that best fit you and align with your Qualification.
2. Inside information on Unlocking Career Progression safest & quickest way to secure and excel in your career.
An activity designed to give public and the fresh graduates an opportunity of having a job interview within a day. There will be several well-known companies with different areas (eg: Insurance, Engineering and Financial) will conduct their walk in interview session. Usually, candidates who attend the walk-in interview are mostly given the offer letter on the same day. This is beneficial for both; employers complete the recruitment process in one day and for applicants, they will get the job confirmation on the same day. Listed below are the job opportunities offered by different companies during the walk in interview session:
- SUNQUICK – Sales Promoter
- IMPACT LIFE SOLUTION (Insurance)
i) Client relationship management
ii) Account management
iii) Customer service
- PRUCAP GROUP (Insurance)
i) Financial Planner
ii) Business development executive
iii) Risk management on Liability
iv) Business development Support
- MAGJAYA RESOURCES (M) SDN. BHD. (Engineering)
i) Quantity Surveyor
ii) Project Engineer
iii) Site Supervisor
iv) Quantity Surveyor
v) Building Information
vi) Modelling Modeller
- ULTIMATE SOLUTION CONSULTANCY (Financial) – Marketing Assistant