Indonesian Media: Malaysia Will Be At Losing End If Indonesia Stops Sending Workers
JAKARTA, Feb 18 – Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi’s statement on the hope that the Indonesian government will not stop the sending of maids to Malaysia, is widely quoted by the Indonesian media today. ANTARA news agency came out with a report titled “Malaysia Dirugikan Rencana Penghentian Pekerja Indonesia” (Malaysia Loses If Indonesia Ceases Sending Workers).
Other online media in Indonesia also reported that Malaysia would be at the losing end if Indonesia goes ahead with the plan to cease sending of workers to Malaysia. Yesterday, the deputy prime minister expressed hope that such a move would not take place following the recent abuse case which resulted in death of an Indonesian maid in Bukit Mertajam, Penang.
“We (Malaysia) express deep regret if the media report about Indonesia intending to stop sending its domestic workers to the country due to the isolated maid abuse case is true,” he said. Online media in Indonesia previously reported that Jakarta was considering ceasing its nationals being sent to undertake jobs as domestic workers in Malaysia following the recent death of Indonesian Adelina Lisao, 26, who was allegedly abused at her employer’s house in Bukit Mertajam, Penang.
In the meanwhile, Ahmad Zahid was also quoted as saying that he would hold a meeting with Indonesian Manpower and Transmigration Minister Muhammad Hanif Dhakiri in the near future to negotiate on the matter and find the best possible solution to the issue.
Meanwhile, Malaysian Ambassador to Indonesia Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohamed Hashim said the Malaysian government would not compromise with any abuse cases, especially those involving death of migrant workers in Malaysia. He said a thorough investigation and legal action would be taken against those involved.
“I want to express my sympathy and regret over the incident involving Adelina, the Indonesian maid who died following suspected abuse. The Malaysian government, through the Royal Malaysia Police, is investigating the case. If proven guilty, the perpetrators will face the death sentence because the case has been classified as murder,” he said. — Bernama
You may be interested
Penang BN Admitted The Anti-Guan Eng Posters Was Indeed TheirsRachel Yeap - March 20, 2018
GEORGE TOWN, Mar 20 - Penang Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman Teng Chang Yeow today publicly admitted that some of 500 to…
Mah: Gerakan Finalising Seat Swap With MCAPocket News - March 20, 2018
PUTRAJAYA, Mar 20 - Gerakan is finalising the negotiation to swap five parliamentary and state seats with component party MCA, ahead…