PETALING JAYA, Feb 24 – The phase two of the Penang Bridge scheduled routine and maintenance cable works will commence this Monday until Aug 21.
PLUS Malaysia Berhad (PLUS) in a statement today said as such, left lane closure and traffic diversion from Km4.2 to Km5.8 (Seberang Perai to island) on the Penang Bridge would be implemented to allow the works to be carried out and to ensure the safety of the public and maintenance workers.
“The Penang Bridge cables must be inspected every four years to ensure its safety and stability,” said the statement. The phase one which was carried out since Aug 22 last year on the opposite bound has been completed as scheduled. — Bernama