1. The Government remains committed to supporting the business sector, especially micro Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), by channeling Special Caring Grant (GKP) 4.0 under the People’s Protection and Economic Recovery Package (PEMULIH) from Tuesday, 21 September 2021.
2. This assistance will benefit more than 1 million micro SMEs, to ease their financial burden in going through the still challenging period.
3. GKP 4.0 payment will be paid twice, in September 2021 amounting to RM500 and November 2021 (RM500). This initiative involves existing recipients of GKP 1.0, GKP 2.0, GKP 3.0 and new recipients of GKP 4.0, with a financial implication of RM500 million.
4. Payment will be credited directly to the bank account registered in the GKP system. Check the approval status of GKP 4.0 can be made from 20 September 2021 through the GKP Portal, which is https://gkp.hasil.gov.my.
5. In total, the total allocation that has been and will be channeled to more than 1 million micro SMEs under GKP since COVID-19 hit the country is RM6.08 billion.
6. I hope this assistance can mobilize and revive the SME sector which is the engine of economic growth for the Malaysian Family.
7. The government gives priority to these industry players as they are among the most affected sectors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
8. Hopefully with this help, small traders such as food stall owners, barbershops, workshops and cake shops can reduce the burden and help cash flow.