GEORGE TOWN, September 18 – The Penang State Government took note of the announcement by the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports on the re -operation of the gymnasium on 17 September 2021. In line with the announcement, the SOP on the opening of a gymnasium in the state of Penang is as follows:
1. The operator must ensure that the premises have a good ventilation system and comply with the rules set by the relevant Authority.
2. Operators must ensure that inspections and maintenance are done regularly to ensure that the air conditioning system or fan works properly.
3. The operator shall maintain an ideal ventilation rate and temperature range as prescribed by the relevant Authority.
4. Operators are advised to minimize the number of users to ensure good ventilation rates.
5. The operator should take other appropriate measures and comply with the rules set by the relevant Authority.
6. Operators are required to comply with ventilation guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) and announced by the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports, namely the Guidance Document On Ventilation For Gymnasium During National Recovery Plan.
In addition, SOPs and other General Protocols for the Management of Sports and Recreation Facilities (operators / operators of sports premises) set by the National Security Council (MKN) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS) must be complied with, such as compliance with 50% capacity use / area with supervised control, use is among individuals who have completed vaccination only and MySejahtera status check should be done where only individuals with “Low Risk” status including “Casual Contact Low Risk” are allowed to enter. Please be informed that the gymnasium under the supervision of Seberang Perai City Council (MBSP) and Penang City Council (MBPP) will be reopened from 20 September 2021 with 50% utilization capacity with the following supervisory control:
• MBSP Bertam Sports and Recreation Complex Gymnasium, Kepala Batas is open from 8.30 am – 10 pm where there are four sessions namely 8.30 am – 10.30 am; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; 5 pm – 7 pm; and 8 pm – 10 pm. Any entries and reservations can be made online at 04-5758871.
• Taman Bandaraya Gymnasium (Youth Park) is open from 7.30 am – 10.30 am; and 5.30pm – 7pm. Any entries and reservations can be made online 04-2262959.
• Balik Pulau Public Market Complex Hall Gymnasium is open from 7.30 am – 10 am; and 5 pm – 10 pm. Any entries and reservations can be made online 04-2262959.
Although flexibility has been given to sports and recreational activities, but the people of Penang are reminded to always abide by the Sports and Recreation SOP set by the National Security Council (MKN) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS) to ensure personal safety is always guaranteed.